Our Company is committed to providing every customer with great service, "everyday in every way". We consider the protection of the personal information of each customer (including potential customers) to be a key part of our high level of service.
We consider “personal information” to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
We have adopted, as Company policy, the ten personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The ten principles are as follows:
(1) Accountability - We will identify individuals in our Company who are to be specifically responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Their responsibilities will include making sure that third parties who process personal information on our behalf will comply with the CSA Code.
(2) Reason for Collection - We will only collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect the Company and its customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers want and to provide information about our products and services to our customers. We will not disclose any personal information concerning our customers to anyone else and we will not permit anyone else to use personal information about our customers for any purpose without the customer's consent.
(3) Consent - Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information about any individual, we will ensure that we have the individual’s consent in an appropriate form.
(4) Limiting Collection - We will collect personal information only for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose.
(5) Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - We will use and disclose an individual’s personal information only for the purposes stated above, unless we have the individual's consent to using or disclosing it for another purpose. We will only keep personal information about individuals for as long as we need it to fulfill our stated purposes.
(6) Accuracy - We will maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards - We will protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access or alteration or from inadvertant destruction by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness - Individuals may make inquiries about personal information privacy issues by contacting our privacy officer by telephone (800-843-1320), by mail (Oldphoneworks, 10 Binnington Court, Kingston, Ontario. K7M 8S3), or by email (email@example.com.)
(9) Individual Access - We will give any individual access to the personal information about him or her that we have in our possession. Individuals may request access to their personal information in our possession by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above. In the event that the individual demonstrates that the information which we have in our possession is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make any appropriate changes.
(10) Challenging Compliance - Any individual may address any issues about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Oldphoneworks., which carries on business in Canada under the names Oldphoneworks and Chicago Old Telephone Company.
We collect information so we can best meet your needs and notify you of offers that may be of interest. We firmly believe it's your right to know what information we collect, how we use it, and what your options are. Below you can find more detailed information about online security, information collection and use, and how to contact us.
What Keeps My Credit Card Safe?
At this web site, whenever you provide any personal information (e.g. when making a purchase, requesting a catalogue, completing an e-mail form), we encrypt it so that no one can read it while it is being transmitted over the Internet. At this time, all information (such as your name and address) is safely stored behind a firewall. A firewall is a set of related programs that protects your information from users from other networks. We store this type of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you make a purchase or log in.